Day 2 #behappychallenge


Morning Routine…is there such a thing with a four month old baby? Well, yes. Sort of. The events in my morning are usually the same. The order in which I do them depends largly on what time the baby first gets up. Today, she was up at 5:46, ready to eat. Her cry is more of an “aa-aa-aa” as opposed to a “wah-wah-wah.” The “wah-wah-wah” is when she is REALLY hungry, pissed, or in pain. But I digress… After I fed her, and put her back to bed, I hopped online at Money Saving Mom to purchase her Make Over Your Morning Course. And then I went back to bed, to catch a few more Zzzz’s until it was time to get up for the day. Today, it happened around 7:25. I said goodbye to my hubby, then went in to say good morning to the little goose. She played in her crib for a few minutes while I went to the bathroom, turned on the coffee maker, hem-hawed about what to wear, made the bed, and poured myself a cup of coffee. Don’t worry, I checked on her from time to time while I was doing all those things.


By this time, it was about 8:00 or so. I got the baby up, dressed, and put her on the playmat for some tummy time. I decided to do some cleaning and organizing in her room. Mostly just changing out the clothes she has outgrown and making room for the new ones that will fit, hopefully. (She seems to be growing like a weed lately.) I also had an internal dialogue about how many frickin clothes she has, not to mention all the ones that I never took the tags off of because she had so many. What am I going to do with those anyway?

Just before 9:00 she started getting a bit cranky so I fed her again, read her a story, and put her down for her morning nap. And she was off to Snoozeland without a fuss.



Now I made my breakfast, oatmeal and a cinnamon roll today, sat down with my journal and devotional, and spent a few quiet minutes with God. I made my to-do list, checked emails, reponded to texts, re-loaded the dishwasher, tosssed some old food from the fridge, started a load of laundry, pulled out summer clothes for the little lady from storage in the basement, and sat down to take a break. And the Goose woke up. 🙂 Isn’t that how it always works? Thankfully I put her in the Boppy Lounger and she has played contently while I draft this up.


Leave a Reply